Mount Zion Lutheran Church (Trade City)

Mount Zion Lutheran Church (Trade City)
Mission Statement:  We are a small county congregation that welcomes all. Our introduction to visitors and new comers is informal and open. We execute strong organizational communication among members and look to engage in pastoral care and work with our pastor in welcoming all and caring for others.
 
Mount Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is located near the intersection of SR 210 and SR 954 in Trade City, PA (see Map and Directions for details).  Our Worship Services are currently held each Sunday at 9:30 a.m.

History: Mt. Zion Lutheran Church of Trade City was originally built at Roundtop Cemetery and the faith was practiced by German immigrants. After several years, the younger generation wanted to speak the service in English since that was the native language. The community was split for a time by the two factions, but some of the people decided to move and build an English speaking faction in 1946 to Trade City, PA which is our current location.

The church at Roundtop cemetery was eventually torn down in the 1950’s. The cornerstone of the original church is installed in our present church in the Northwest corner near the entrance.